Educational Multimedia Research Centre (EMMRC) in the Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur a production and research centre for educational films for UGC-CWCR, has received national recognition for its contribution in the field of electronic media. The Center is fully funded by the University Grants Commission and it is an organization with well-equipped studio and highly trained staff.
Audio Visual Research Centre (AVRC) was sanctioned by the UGC in the year 1986. Since then the centre has been actively engaged in producing Educational TV films. On the basis of the performance evaluation, the UGC upgraded the Centre from AVRC to EMRC (Educational Media Research Centre) in 1991, which became EM2RC (Educational Multimedia Research Center) in September 2004. After producing the first film namely “DESERT BATS” in the year 1987, the EMMRC never looked back. The centre has been producing UGC-CEC countrywide classroom Educational Television Programs for telecast on regular basis on the Doordarshan's National Network (DD-1 & DD-Bharti) and 'Gyan Darshan', the educational channel of the Government of India and also on UGC-CEC launched “Vyas” 24 hour Higher Education Channel. So far the Centre has produced 1250 Educational TV films (both in Hindi & English taken together) of various subjects including Science, Commerce, Arts, Education, Literature, Culture, Folklore, Humanity, Medical Science, Engineering etc.
The following films of the Centre have won appreciation and awards at the National level:-
Learning Objects Repository (LOR)
01. JODHPUR DURG – MEHRANGARH – I” Citation for “Best Programme in Fine Arts & Culture” in the 19th UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition.
02. “MAAND: PARAMPARA KI PRATISHRUTI – 1 & 2” Awarded for Best Series of the Year and also awarded in the individual Technical Excellence in Sound in the 17th UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition 2004
03. “FUZZY – WHAT IS FUZZY LOGIC? AN INTRODUCTION – I” Awarded for best film in Mathematics and Technology in the 17th UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition 2004.
04. “AAKANSHA – THE ZEAL” Awarded for best programme in children category in the 16 UGC-CEC Video Festival 2003-04
05. “WORLDS OLDEST MOUNTAIN CHAIN ARAVALLI” Awarded for best programme in earth sciences in the 16th UGC-CEC Video Festival 2003-04.
06. “CHAL MAN JAYEN APNE DESH” and “KURJA – ANTHROPOIDS VIRGO” Nominated in “Vatavaran 2004” India’s Exclusive Environment & Wildlife Film Festival.
07. “A POTION AND A CHARM” Selected in the Information Section at the 2nd International Video Festival 2003
08. “GANGAUR-EK SANSKRITIK VIRASAT-I” Awarded for Best Series of the Year in the 13th UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition 2000
09. “AAKANSHA” Awarded Special Jury at 9th National Children's Educational Audio Video Festival-2001 held at Patna, Bihar
10. “JEEVAT KE DHANI: HANUMAN LANGOOR” won Citation in the XII Video Festival of UGC, Delhi.
11. “A JOURNEY THROUGH LIFE- EARLY ONTOGENY OF FISH” Best film of the month awarded by CEC, Delhi.
12. “EK JIVANT PARAMPARA-GAVARI KHEL AUR KHILADI-I” Received Award for Best Series of the Year in XI UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition, New Delhi, 1998
13. “CHAL MAN JAYE APNE DESH” Awarded for Best Camera Work in XI UGC-CEC Educational Video Competition, New Delhi, 1998
14. “NEEM - THE GREEN GOLDMINE” Citation in the IX Video Festival of UGC, Delhi, 1995-1996
15. “JIYO AUR JEENE DO” Citation in the IX Video Festival of UGC, Delhi, 1995-1996
16. “EARTHQUAKE” Individual Excellence Award for Special Effects, Video Festival, Calcutta
17. “GAWAH” Won honourable mentions at UGC Video Festival 1991-1992
18. “TUMBA-THE PLANT WITH FUTURE PROSPECTS” Won honourable mentions at UGC Video Festival 1991-1992
19. “SILK FOR THE DESERT” Awarded for Camera work in II UGC Video Festival, Calcutta, 1990.
20. “KIRADU - AN OASIS IN THE DESERT” Special Award in the I UGC Video Festival, Delhi, 1988
EMMRC Jodhpur developed 634 Learning Objects Repository (LOR) having short learning object in question-answer form so that the same can be used in the classroom in face-to-face teaching as well as by students and teachers at their convenience. They are available to anyone at any time with the help of subject wise search engine for self paced learning through internet on the website of UGC-CEC (url: www.cec-ugc.org).
EMMRC Jodhpur has produced 29 E-Contents. The inclusion of e-content in learning is now inevitable, and the UGC-CEC initiative is designed to meet the new challenges, and to help India take the lead in this newly emerging field. The E-content product is technologically friendly, learner friendly and teacher friendly. Besides, e-content is designed to be object based so as to be learner centric, useful in self-instructional mode. E-content can be easily accessed anywhere with an internet connection.
5th September, 2005 – Teacher’s day marked the beginning of a new era for EMMRC Jodhpur. EDUSAT Satellite Interactive Terminal received from ISRO, Ahmedabad was successfully installed at EMMRC Jodhpur to give live connectivity amongst various Centres. The live educational programmes from CEC, New Delhi and other Media Centres are now directly available for the students at the Centre for live lectures and interaction with the subject experts. “Any time any where” education is no more a distant dream for the country.
The launch of EDUSAT has made communication a two way process. This will be made possible via Satellite Interactive Terminals (SITs). The network will create a countrywide classroom as well as countrywide teaching end. The best teacher in a particular subject will address the students in each of these locations and students in each of these locations will be able to ask questions from the teacher. A new era revolutionizing higher education begins from here. We are proud to be an important link for initiating this revolution.
Edusat Teaching End
Beginning of the year 2008 saw the Centre becoming teaching end through Edusat network. Live lectures through Edusat network have been delivered on Maths and Business Studies in January and February 2008 by Prof. P.K. Banerjee and Prof. Karunesh Saxena, respectively.
The Centre has state of the art professional audio and video studio equipped with industry standard Audio-Video recording facilities.
The Post Production Equipment
The Centre has a well equipped Studio with the state-of-art Betacam production and post production equipment consisting of ENG Cameras, Camcorders, Complete Editing suits with VTRs, Video Switcher with digital multi-effect generator, 8-Input Digital Audio/Video Mixer etc. It also has projection systems including large screen video projection system, DLP, Teleprompter and Audio Switcher, Still Camera, Video CD Player, Camera Control Unit, Optical Disk Digital Video Camcorder with Studio Recorder for Rec/Playback and Media-100 & DPS Velocity Non-Linear Editing Suits.
Multimedia Platform has been created at EMMRC Jodhpur which facilitated the Utilization of Edusat and Multimedia production.
The Centre has acquired several recorded tapes and books to support teaching-learning in subjects like Computers, Engineering, Mass Communication, Management, Science, Culture and so on.
The Centre has a well furnished and air conditioned conference room which can accommodate 20 people.
It is our privileges that a number of dignitaries have been associated with the Centre, prominent among them are -
Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Hon’ble President of India
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
Shri Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, Former Vice President of India
Dr. Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India
Dr. L.M. Singhvi, Former Indian High Commissioner in U.K.
Prof. Yash Pal, Former Chairman, UGC, New Delhi
Prof. MGK Menon, Former Union State Minister for Science & Tech., GoI
Smt. Sumitra Singh, Former Speaker, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
Prof. G.D. Sharma, Former Director, CEC, New Delhi
Sh. Soli J. Sorabjee, Former Attorney Journal of India
Dr. AM Singhvi, Former Addl. Attorney General of India, New Delhi
Mr. Feodor Starcevic, Former Director of the United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan in New Delhi
Shri T.N. Seshan, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India
Dr. Krzysztof Majka, Ambassador of Republic of Poland
Ms. Malgorzata Vijesis, Counselor of the Embassy of Poland
Shri Mahendra Surana, Former Settlement Commissioner, Govt. of Rajasthan and Television Personality
Dr. P. Rama Rao, Former Secretary to GoI
Shri Anil Bordia, IAS, Former Education Secretary
Prof. N.C. Mathur, Former Vice-Chairman, UGC, New Delhi
Shri Kiran S. Karnik, Former President, NASSCOM
Prof. R.S. Nirjar, Former Member Secretary, AICTE, New Delhi
Shri Ashok Chakradhar, Famous Poet
Shri Surendra Sharma, Famous Poet
Dr. Bashir Badr, Urdu Poet
Shri Sharu S Rangnekar, Management Consultant, Mumbai
Dr. H.H. Mankar, Vice-Chancellor, Mody Institute of Technology & Science, Lakshmangarh
Prof. Rajan M. Melukar, Vice-Chancellor, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik
Prof. M.S. Turan, Guru Jambeshwar University, Hisar
Prof. Madison Morrison, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Shri Hari P. Kewalramani, Chief Engineer, Electrical, Stone & Webster, Houston, USA
Mrs. Aparna Vaish, Former Director, DD Kendra, Jaipur
Prof. Prem P. Jauhar, Research Geneticist, Professor of Cytogenetics, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, USA
Shri B.R. Bhandari, Trade Advisor, WTO, Genewa
Educational Multimedia Research Centre
Jai Narain Vyas University
Faculty of Engineering Campus
Jodhpur – 342011 INDIA.
Ph. : 0291-2513734 Fax : 0291-2513733
Email : email@example.com